This review has been in the making for longer than Brat Pit’s beard. I got the first T3 early, most shops didn’t even know of them at the time.. it had suicidal tendencies and promptly decided to take it’s own life by rolling under my boot just 1 day after filling it with some premium vape juice; I had to forge a suicide note to avoid suspicion by the vapethorities. The second one was DoA.. I buried it in the yard fearing two T3 deaths might have rang a bell with some of the fine people in uniform. Finally the 3rd one arrived just after Xmas and has been through rigorous testing.
Additionally this has been the hardest item I’ve had to review, in technical aspects; the Kanger T3 uses an eGo connection with threading only on the outer skirt! I use a 510 to 510 extension to test similar cartos but with the T3 they simply don’t work, so I had to find a 510 – eGo adapter which had central post issues leaving me just 2 devices in my vape-box that would fire it. A standard eGo battery and a spinner battery. Neither of which fit well into my review standards. It took a bit of macgyvering to get it to work on my VV and VW devices for proper testing.
Need to learn more about vape juice? Check out this article – What is in Vape Juice
THE PROPER INTRO:
Clearomizers seem to have completely overtaken the carto market despite my awful experiences with them. The original CE4’s simply didnt work for me, The long wicked CE4’s wouldn’t wick fast enough and finally the dual coil/4 wick ones worked.. but lasted as long as a teenager in an orgy. I love the idea behind them and they would be fantastically convenient for my daily commute so I keep trying and trying. This relatively new installment by Kanger seems promising, it’s a bottom coil clearomizer so the wicking is no longer fighting gravity which should make a vast improvement for chain vaping.
It’s got the looks that only a mother can love. The tube is merely a cylindrical piece of plastic and the non-removable drip tip is not very attractive. The knurling kind of works for the look but makes it wider than an eGo battery, alarming that it won’t fit well on the battery it was designed for. The MT3 improves the look a little bit by adding a metallic sleeve but the lines and function remain completely unchanged with the exception of a small curve at the top.
Filling is awkward but doesn’t need a needle or anything similar, you simply remove the bottom section and drip on the side of the tube. The inverted volumetric markings help quite a bit but frankly I don’t see why a simple “full” mark wasn’t enough.
Leaking or juice in the mouth has not been an issue at all, nothing, nada what-so-ever.. if you don’t overfill or drip down the central airtube then it’s all good. Just think of all the money you can save oncarto diapers!
Now more importantly, wicking! It wasn’t fantastic to begin with, the top silicon ring was pushing on the wicks restricting the juice flow. With a nifty little trick from ECF it was easily fixed, just turn the silicon upside down and all done. It kept up with 50/50 just fine!
Besides having 3 airholes in the base the draw is surprisingly tight, despite reports of an airy draw, much to my content since I really prefer a tighter draw.
Unfortunately with darker juices I cannot get them to last more than 5 days, with the price of replacement heads being comparable to those for a cheap atomizer I expected more, much more! Lighter juices seem to help them last quite a bit longer, so far 12 days running a selection of teas through one.
MORE IMPORTANTLY – HOW DOES IT VAPE?:
My vape preference is around 11watts, bit over or under depending on the juice but I never stray too far from it. With the 2.0ohm head at 4.7V (my 11W) it’s a mouthful of evil with sprinkles of hate, at lower heat (around 4.0V – 8.0W) it vaped fantastically well; there’s plenty of vapor and a wicked throat hit with lets say.. hmm.. 7.5/10 flavor compared to my trusty 306. So far these are the finest clearos I’ve used. The one problem that completely puzzles me is a fowl plastic flavor that developed when liquid was left in them for a few days without using.. which persisted even after washing them out and running a full (ish) tank through them. Perhaps the eliquid itself was attacking the polycarbonate tubing, or the silica rings.. perhaps the juice just went bad.. I only had 3 heads to play around with and this developed in only 1 of them, I’ll investigate a bit more with the other 2 in time.. don’t want to waste them just for testing! Combined with the troubles of a “custom” adapter for them.. I’ll pass, even if they are good.…